Homepage
My Blog
My Scrapbook
My Images
My Links
About Me
Contact Me

My Blog

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Happy Pre-4th of July

It really can amaze me how no matter that you are doing or what problems you or any is dealing with life goes on. You can not stop it. The great train of life has no emergency break and two stops -- Birth and Death. When I was young I never imagined that my adult life would be like this.

The think that really gets at me is this business that I started back in January. Right now I am on the tipping edge of success or failure. For the last four years or so, I have been giving interesting title to what that year would hold for me -- Even though the actual result would not be what I expected -- and last year I told myself that the year of 2012 would be the year of rewards. Little did I know that I said rewards but I would actually be developing a rewards system for Small Businesses like Dunkin' Donuts. Don't get me wrong it is still a year of rewards but this takes the cake.

Our first official Dunkin' Donuts using my rewards system.

A common theme in many anime titles is a world of separation, where one society is either plotted against another society or the two have nothing to do with each other, let alone they even know about each others existence. The reasons being great differences or understandings. In essence this is what GOD did in the tower of babel when he mixed up their languages so they would forcefully fulfill GODs command to go forth and conquer the earth. GOD know that the day would come, such as a day as now where we can now communicate freely with these people with a click of a button without even knowing their language. But these side by side separated existences still exist and sometimes I feel this way about the Japanese and the English web: both are vibrant, constantly inventing new mini-trends and memes and fads, yet they're largely separated by the Great Wall of Language. Most Japanese people will instinctively click away from an English page they happen to land on, perhaps as a result of being forced to study it for all those years in school; likewise, most native English-speakers I know won't spend a lot of time trawling Japanese-language websites unless they're there for a reason. They come together at certain points, of course -- YouTube is a good example of a bridge that has joined the two halves nicely -- but by and large, English-speaking web surfers will tend to be more familiar with the latest "I Can Haz Cheeseburger" cat jokes while Japanese fans know entirely different memes.



No comments: